Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What Took You SO Long?

I promised you a Before and After, and I'm sticking to it! Enter in, exhibit A - a white, medicine cabinet whose light-robbing depth, has driven me crazy for years. Six to be exact. Because the cabinet didn't recess into the wall, it's always blocked the light from above. No longer will I  provide a spotlight for dusty items stored on top! No more, I say!



Lord only knows what I've really looked like after having put on my "face" in front of this mirror with bad lighting since the day we moved in. The term clown face now comes to mind. Family! How could you not tell me?


Look at what a major improvement this vintage, unframed mirror has made in the space. More light and more area to reflect. I am very pleased and wish that I would've made the change sooner. Kristin, if you're reading this, you're probably thinking "What took you so long?" about your procrastinate friend . That would be me.

I guess, bad design decisions or not, sometimes we keep them around until we're finally ready to make the change, others convince us that it's necessary, or we can't ignore the sometimes painful result any longer. Wow! Design sure does mirror real life, huh? 



Here's a sneak peek at the other side of this same bathroom. I never distressed the beaded board around my tub, and now I'm ready for a new color scheme altogether.  So, sorry tub surround, but I have something in mind that I think you'll like even better - Gray! 

As you can see, I've already removed all the caulking that wasn't "ideally" applied. We all have different gifts though, and Brad admits that caulking precisely, isn't one of his. I  do love that man of mine, crooked caulk and all! Here are a few inspiration pics that will leave you gray. That's a good thing :)
 
Photo, courtesy of Apartment Therapy
Photo, courtesy of Apartment Therapy

 3 Photos, courtesy of Decor Pad
Photo, courtesy of Fresh Home Design

You might like to know that the assumed accountability factor in blogging, is what motivated me to get started on this project. Now, I'm ready to fill nail holes, sand, and paint! If this unspoken guilt only worked for other everyday household chores, I'd be set ;)
Thanks for continuing to read the ramblings and renderings of a rookie blogger like ME! I welcome your comments and suggestions about Cottage Appeal. And may your life's cup, simply overflow with blessings today!



No comments: