Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beautiful Birthday Butterflies





Two, beautiful butterflies, 

with wings outstretched,

 

Hold each other tightly, 

around the neck.

At very first glance, they look the same,
  And make you play The Guessing Game.

Are you this one, or are you that?

Now, who prefers dogs, and who likes cats?  
One likes dressing up and zebra print, galore!

The other is Princess Leia, from the movie, Star Wars!

Oh, so different, and yet the same,

Each with her very own talents and name.

One thing's for sure, they're equally GREAT!

And I still can't believe, that our twin girls are EIGHT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after Kathryn and Juliana's actual birthday (and the day after I turned thirty-nine, but that's another story entirely), we threw a great, big, butterfly party in their honor!

We played, "How many silly, female children can you fit onto a trampoline at once?"


And they jumped! 


And jumped some more!

And they wanted this old birthday girl to join in the fun, but my bladder tone regretfully declined for me.

I prefer taking pictures, to having my inward parts jarred, anyway!

Pictures of pretty, painted, butterfly faces...




Of a rainbow of plates, all in a row...

And zebra print napkins made into butterfly wings...

But in all of the wing-fluttering fury of the party, I missed a few! 

Like one of all the girls' final cupcake creations, so Martha's version will have to suffice.


Martha Stewart

And, I didn't even get to do these like I'd planned! 

 
 Martha Stewart

Obviously, Martha and her team have countless more creative hours on their hands than I do. 

And if Martha shared a birthday with her twin girls, she'd insist on getting a picture of the three of them together. 


I missed that too!

This one's from last year.


And this one, well, it's before I developed a second chin!


This goes back to when our little butterflies emerged from their cocoons and their sweet, little wings were still wet.

But oh, how they've learned to fly,


And make wishes that are sure to come true,

Because they wished them with all of their might,



and eyes closed tight!


They must have wished for candy!




Lots of great presents!





And to have LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all around them!




For that's surely what they got!

I cannot wait to celebrate number NINE with you next year, girls.

I'll be turning 40 then, but that's another story...


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful and my favorite version of this song!

angela said...

Beautiful, Tricia! Loved the pictures and love ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

What a pleasant surprise! I found your site through Bob Brault and found it to be absolutely delightful! I bet you also enjoy Louis Armstrong's "It's a Wunnaful, wunnaful Woild." I also noticed that you're not bashful about your faith commitment. Wish you'd take a look at my blog. Lately I've been re-examining the story of Christ's birth, trying to get a head start on the commercial world I reckon. Especially, I'd value your reaction to the previous post: "Ever look at it this way?"www.Scripturestudent.wordpress.com is the address. BTW, Isn't Bob Brault unusually talented? ~donkimrey