Thursday, July 14, 2011

Senior Moments


Payton, our firstborn, is now officially, for all intents and purposes, a senior in high school.

There, I said it. 

She's a big girl now with many a milestone under her Aeropostale belt.



I've only cried once, which is good since this is merely the summer before her senior year begins.

I would hate to dehydrate from tear loss so early on.



I've had moments though. 

Several of them.

Moments when it occurred to me that this is it. 

We're about to embark on a new, never-before-written, chapter in our life's story.

How BLESSED we are though, for the privilege of the journey.

Google
 And when our Sunshine and her classmates posed this week for what will become their senior portraits, 

I began to try and form into words what I will write on her yearbook page. 

They're due by November, you know.

kristin seymour
 I hope that your life is slap-full of beautiful moments that bring sweet tears to your eyes.

This journey wouldn't be the same without them.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog and your beautiful pictures and thoughts! You are amazing! Payton is one beautiful girl! Just like her Mother! Enjoy her senior year and come June 2012 remember this "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened!" Dr. Seuss
Love you,
Diane R.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, amazing young lady you have there!! She has learned from the best! Enjoy every minute of this next year..boy does it go by fast!! Best wishes to you!!
Love and Blessings <3
Carrie Benner